- This topic is empty.
10. decembra 2020 o 22:27 #81270Alexandria WebbNávštevník
The Oxford Guide to the Book of Common Prayer
A Worldwide Survey
by Charles Hefling, Cynthia Shattuck
- Author: Charles Hefling, Cynthia Shattuck
- Genres: theology, reference, spirituality, prayer, history, christianity
- Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
- Format: paperback, 614 pages
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780195297621 (0195297628)
- Release date: March 28, 2008
About The Book
The Oxford Guide to the Book of Common Prayer is the first comprehensive guide to the history and usage of the original Book of Common Prayer and its variations. Expert contributors from around the world and from every major denomination offer an unparalleled view of The Book of Common Prayer and its influence.
The Oxford Guide to Common Prayer is more than simply a history: it describes how Anglican churches at all points of the compass have developed their own Prayer Books and adapted the time-honored Anglican liturgies to their diverse local cultures. The Guide examines how the same texts — Daily Prayers, the Eucharist, Marriage and Funerals, and many others — in dozens of editions now in use throughout the world, both resemble and differ from one another. A brief look at „electronic Prayer Books“ also offers a unique and exciting modern perspective.
The Oxford Guide to the Book of Common Prayer offers a fascinating journey through the history and development of a classic of world literature from its origins in the 16th century to the modern day.
Oxford is pleased to offer The Book of Common Prayer in a variety of formats and prices to match readers‘ needs and budgets — perfect for study or gift-giving. Visit our website to order your copy today.
* A comprehensive survey of the rich history of the original Book of Common Prayer and all of its varied descendents.
* Explains, characterizes, and illustrates the dozens of Prayer Book versions in current use throughout the world.
* Lays out a path that will enable any reader, Anglican or not, to learn why the BCP is a classic of liturgy and literature.
FB2 ebook The Oxford Guide to the Book of Common Prayer read online reader on Books-a-Million. PDF book The Oxford Guide to the Book of Common Prayer by Charles Hefling. Hardback The Oxford Guide to the Book of Common Prayer Charles Hefling download. MOBI book The Oxford Guide to the Book of Common Prayer buy for iPad on Booktopia. Online ebook The Oxford Guide to the Book of Common Prayer download.